Author: Site Editor Publish Time: 2023-04-28 Origin: Site
Blow molding is a plastic processing method where a plastic blank is put into a mold, and compressed air is passed into the mold to form hollow products. This process is widely used, with the volume of containers reaching thousands of liters. Polypropylene and PVC are popular materials for blow molding.
The process of manufacturing a blow molding machine involves several steps, each of which is critical to ensure the final product's quality and functionality. The process starts with the design and engineering of the machine, followed by the selection and procurement of high-quality materials. The manufacturing process includes cutting, welding, drilling, and assembly of various components, as well as electrical and hydraulic system installation. Once the machine is assembled, it undergoes thorough testing and quality control checks to ensure it meets industry standards. By following this step-by-step process, manufacturers can produce high-quality blow molding machines that meet the demands of the industry.
When designing and engineering the blow molding machine, it is important to consider the type of plastic being used(PE,HDPE,PP,ABS,PETG etc.) and the shape and size of the product. Different plastics have varying properties that can affect the production process, such as melt flow rate and viscosity. The engineer designs the matching die head according the different plastic feature.On the other hand, blow mould is also designed according the desired shape and size of the product in order to match the machines. The design team must ensure that the machine and mold can produce the desired product with the correct dimensions and quality.
In the blow molding machine manufacturing process, high-precision equipment and tools are required to ensure the accuracy and quality of parts. The assembly process involves putting together machine parts such as electrical boxes, screws, die heads, motors, mould bar, etc., which requires a high level of skill and expertise.
For example blow molding machine screw barrel installation
First of all, before installation, the spare screw should be installed together with the machine barrel in advance, then hoisted to the original position of the machine barrel, fixed, and the storage head and the feeding section must be connected. Then hoist the reducer back to the equipment frame of the plastic blow molding machine, and connect the connecting sleeve of the reducer and the screw keyway. This part needs a special screw removal tool for installation.
The next step is to connect each part. First, fix the bolts of the blow molding machine equipment and the reducer, install and fix the bolts of the reducer and the feeding section, connect the coupling with the extrusion motor, install the heater and wiring.
During the hoisting process, it is necessary to maintain the stability of the parts of the blow molding machine, and the speed should not be too fast to prevent accidents. The hoisting work generally requires the command of professionals to control the speed of the crane to ensure that the whole process can be carried out smoothly. In particular, parts such as wire ropes and rings used for hoisting must not slip and must be well connected.
After the installation of the screw barrel of the blow molding machine and all the precautions have been checked, the blow molding machine equipment should be inspected and maintained.
If you are also interested in the installation process of other parts of the blow molding machine, please contact us.We can invite you to watch the working process of engineers through direct video connection, and you are also welcome to visit our factory.
Installation sequence of plastic blow molding equipment
1. Dig the foundation pit according to the instructions of the plastic blow molding machine; at the same time, dig out the trenches for wire conduits, upper and lower water pipes and compressed air delivery pipes.
2. According to the distance dimension of the anchor bolt hole of the plastic blow molding machine, fix the wooden mold of the anchor hole. The wooden formwork for the anchor hole should be trapezoidal or conical with a small top and a big bottom.
3. Pave the transmission pipelines for electricity, water and gas.
4. Water stick concrete and leave holes for foundation. Cover the concrete with straw bags, water twice a day after 24 hours, and the ambient temperature should not be lower than 5 degrees.
5. After 7 days of cement, remove the anchor hole template, lift the blow molding machine and lay it flat according to the anchor hole position; roughly find the height, level and centerline position of the blow molding machine.
6. Put the equipment fastening bolts in the anchor holes, the bolts pass through the equipment foundation holes, and tighten the nuts. Pay attention to reserve the amount of thread length for equipment height adjustment.
7. The foundation holes are poured with concrete, and the curing period should be more than 10 days.
8. Use a pair of slanted iron plates (inclination 1/20-1/10) and a steel plate as a group: the steel plate is at the bottom, and a pair of slanted iron plates are placed on the steel plate and placed on both sides of the anchor bolts. . Use an inclined iron plate to adjust the center height of the blow molding machine. At the same time, correct the center line of the blow molding machine screw to coincide with the center line of each equipment on the blow molding machine production line, and the height is consistent.
9. Pre-tighten the anchor bolts to pre-tighten the bolts and nuts diagonally, and the tightening force should be balanced.Correct the level, center height and center line position of the blow molding machine equipment.Tighten the anchor bolt holes around.Connect water and gas pipelines and connect electrical lines
During installation, the machine's components must be carefully inspected to ensure they are in good working condition. Calibration involves adjusting the machine’s settings to meet the specific production requirements. After installation, operators must be trained to properly operate the machine, perform routine maintenance, and troubleshoot common issues.
In addition to operator training, maintenance procedures must be established to ensure the machine remains in good working condition. This includes regular inspections, lubrication of moving parts, and replacement of worn components. Proper training and maintenance will ensure the machine performs optimally and remains safe to operate, reducing the risk of accidents and downtime.
In a word, the process of blow molding machine manufacturing is complex, but essential for producing high-quality hollow plastic products. Each step, from design and engineering to installation and training, plays a critical role in ensuring the machine's performance and the final product's quality. We hope you have gained a better understanding of the process and are inspired to learn more about this fascinating technology. If you're a manufacturer or a business looking to invest in blow molding machines, don't hesitate to contact us to discuss your needs. Let's create something amazing together!